Check what I bought.

This is what I call responsible money management.

ea_1_b.JPG

http://search.ebay.com/270083010718

I think they're fairly rare now. This was essentially Japan's "model two" (but white instead of black, of course). There were a few "model one" types, with oval-shaped buttons, but they're probably even rarer!

It is quite a waste of money . . . but it looks good and wasting money's what I'm best at. :D

I can see myself becoming a collector of overpriced Saturn-related items . . . :p So far, though, I only have two UK ones and a handful of games (UK PDS included - although somebody threw out the outer cardboard sleeve! :()

What's in your collection?

Basically I have a whole lot of Game Gear stuff. White one, yellow, red, two shades of blue, Magic Rayearth, and Coca-Cola. Buying all that cost me a small fortune. I have all the Sonic related Game Gear games, shining Force Gaiden, Lunar, the two Phantasy Star games, Gunstar Heroes, Last Bible, Royal Stone, and a whole lot more.

As far as Mega Drive stuff goes, I have a Multi-Mega unit, Mega CD II, 32x module, two tank controlers. For games I have all the Sonic games, Snatcher, Knuckles Chaotix, Kolibri, Night Trap for 32X and a heap of others games. That is about it.

kuta, nice collection! :rock: No Saturn stuff for you, then?

Xmanofstle said:
looking back i wish i never sold my sega stuff.

No way . . . That's a shame. What did you have?

This should open up the games market for me a little bit, don't you think? In order to play my current (UK) games, or cheaper US ones, I'll be getting an Action Replay Plus for this, but there'll be no mod-chippin' for me as I plan to try and keep it in pristine condition.

That's if I even ever use it - I can imagine me just putting it on a pedestal display cabinet in the center of my room and just staring at it! :vollkommenauf: Haha.

I'm the same way. I sold all my sega stuff to pay for college. I had complete and boxed systems from te SMS to the Saturn. I also had all the big rare games... Dragon Force, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, etc. I sold it all to a local game shop for maybe a few hundred dollars.

in 95 i sold a sega cd, the revised side-by-side model, a genesis, 32x, and about 50 games. i got enough store credit to buy a playstation and a bunch of games with some left over so it was a great deal at the time.

as for rare saturn games, i think i got a total of $75 Software Etc. store credit when I traded in Panzer Saga, Shining Force 3, and Dragon Force a few years ago. That was a dumb move.

kuta, nice collection! :rock: No Saturn stuff for you, then?

I guess I will get one eventually. Will wait until I am tired of my Mega Drive and Game Gear stuff first. Judging by the number of games I have I'd say that it will take quite a while yet.

=) Cool!

I have also just bought a skeleton Saturn (seller's photo) . . .

0183_1_b.JPG

I'd better lay off the eBaying now though or I'll have no savings left! :idea:

Very responsible money management indeed. I have lately started to get saturn stuff off of ebay too, though I have to use my moms credit card since I don't have one of my own, so there is some control there. But yeah I know what you mean, you buy one thing, then you see something else and you think "MUST BUY" and then you see other things and it just goes from there.

Mostly games I wanted when I was younger but either A) My parents wouldn't buy them for me or B) When we were allowed to get 1 game my brother made sure it was some dumb sports game.

So far I have gotten NiGHTS into Dreams with the controller and all, and Burning Rangers. I am thinking of getting Virtual On and some other things though.

Cool. Well, my faves at the mo are NiGHTS, the PD series and Rayman, all of which I now have in 60Hz-compatible formats (i.e. NTSC or unoptimised PAL) and so can play the way they were intended on my Japanese system! (The boost is quite noticable on a few of these, especially Rayman, NiGHTS - and PDS, where the huge border at the bottom is gone completely)

I've ordered SFA2 and X-Men Vs. SF as well and am looking forward to getting into those.

After that, it's whatever looks good! I do fancy getting a light gun and Virtua Cop or something, though - just to try it! =D

I was thinking of getting a Light Gun for Virtua Cop, only problem is I can't find Virtua Cop.

Back