Playstation-X PAL / NTSC modification

I have a gray Playstation model SCPH-9002, the problem is when i play any games on it, it's always in black & white. I can't play puzzle games that needs color identification because of this problem. A friend told me that a modchip with I.D.#12c508 will do the trick but in this website http://www.maxking.com it is only used for playing back-ups. Any help?!?! :( :damn: :(

The TV I'm using is NTSC (I think :blush: ) and the PSX is gray and PAL is written on the I.D. label, I can play any PS games on it (burned & original) with audio the only thing missing is the color

:( :damn: :damn: I'd like to correct my previous post, the model is SCPH-9002.

well that's the problem...NTSC and PAL don't use the same signals...match the PAL system to a PAL TV or download patches for your games so they run in color....you still might have problems though with the screen being clipped in certain areas.

PSX can be modified to output either colour system,either with a modchip(some of them) or by shorting certain points together.No need for patches that don't work correctly,and have the screen position buggered up...although that may have improved since the last time I checked.I don't remember the points and my own console is pal and forced to run ntsc games in pal....normally you'll be shorting the point to 5vdc instead of ground,its just a mode select switch.Do a google for the diagram or search and then ask at one of ps2/ps1 modding forums,they'll know this sort of stuff.

A friend told me that a color burst crystal with 3.579545 MHz value will do the trick anybody knows where in the PSX's mother board should I solder it? :blink: :huh

Its not needed for your model mate,only the older models required an external clock source.I don't have the points documented anywhere so my advice would be to ask in the forums here:

PS2-Scene

Originally posted by Darklegion@Tue, 2004-11-30 @ 07:28 AM

Its not needed for your model mate,only the older models required an external clock source.I don't have the points documented anywhere so my advice would be to ask in the forums here:

PS2-Scene

[post=124733]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks Mr.Darklegion

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back