Wanted!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Wanted:

Flakvin

Last Seen Playing World of Warcraft

Got a TON of soundtracks I need html made for buddy. ICQ me if your still alive.

Yes, where is old Flakvin? The way I see it, the worst case scenario is that perhaps he and some fellow activists released deseased chimpanzees from a testing lab, unleashing an epidemic that turns everyone into zombies which then wiped out all of England.

Originally posted by it290@Thu, 2005-06-30 @ 05:04 PM

They're infected... with RAGE!

[post=136058]Quoted post[/post]​

I think it's funny how nobody uses the word zombie anymore; does someone own the rights to the word zombie or something?

Nah. It's an old Haitian thing; I doubt it's trademarkable (even though there is a movie called 'Zombie').

Still though, watch out for animal rights activists.

Did anyone ever find out what happened to Mr. Flakvin? He's been gone for almost two months now...

Originally posted by Dud@Thu, 2005-06-30 @ 05:12 PM

I think it's funny how nobody uses the word zombie anymore; does someone own the rights to the word zombie or something?

[post=136063]Quoted post[/post]​

no, that was just a reference to 28 Days Later.

Originally posted by Borisz@Fri, 2005-07-29 @ 10:12 PM

no, that was just a reference to 28 Days Later.

[post=137554]Quoted post[/post]​

Lot's of movies aside from 28 Days Later don't use the word zombie, Resident Evil Apocalypse is the only other one that comes to mind right now.

Originally posted by Dud@Fri, 2005-07-29 @ 10:34 PM

Lot's of movies aside from 28 Days Later don't use the word zombie, Resident Evil Apocalypse is the only other one that comes to mind right now.

[post=137555]Quoted post[/post]​

doctor: l know who you are. l know what you thinking...

(paramilitary) activist: lf you don't wanna get hurt, keep your mouth shut and don't move.

doctor: The chimps are infected. They're highly contagious. They've been given an inhibitor.

activist: lnfected with what?

doctor: To cure, you must first understand...

activist: INFECTED WITH WHAT??

doctor: Rage.

Perturbed Elucidation:

I got the reference right away. Why would you think I would need you to cite the script to understand that, when I summarized the film in Post #3, which in turn caused it290 to make that retort in the first place?

Post #5 which you seem to think was a misunderstanding of the quote from Post #4, was in fact an analysis of the film and zombie movies in general, where the zombies are never called zombies. There's is of course 28 Days Later where they are "infected with rage" which inspired this tangent. My example from earlier today, Resident Evil Apocalypse, the word zombie is not spoken once throughout the film. (although if you carefully examine the credits one of the actors gets credited as 'Zombie Dad' whereas all the others are credited as undead). And really those are the only two I can think of, so you should be criticizing my comment for its accuracy, not my comprehension of it290's movie reference.

The problem is that there are so many zombie movies out there already. Film makers probably don't want their films to be known as zombie movies to avoid getting stereotyped.

Back